Gregg Brent
lexus commercial
on Oct 21, 2005 at 1:11:04 am

replicator? particular?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: lexus commercial
on Oct 21, 2005 at 3:20:37 am

Huh? There's dozens of Lexus commercials out there. Care to be a little more specific?

NoH

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Oct 21, 2005 at 5:26:49 am

Well, you can do dozens of commercials with either particles or the Replicator....

Couldn't resist.

What is the specific question?

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Gregg Brent
on Oct 21, 2005 at 12:31:25 pm

oh sorry.. it's the one that has two people (a guy and a gal) in the woods and they start running around and trails of themselves follow behind. it's been on alot in the last few nights.

i think it's the lexus IS.. of course it's funny i don't recall the product, just the effect!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 21, 2005 at 12:48:23 pm

But what is your question? If you are asking- was it done with Motion- highly doubt it. If you are asking- could you copy the look in Motion- probably unless there's a lot amount of 3D or motion tracking going on.

Noah

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Oct 21, 2005 at 6:48:58 pm

Heya Gregg,

It's a pretty simple effect to do if you have the man and woman isolated: you just have multiple copies of them, offset in time, comped in temporal order. The tricky bit is the isolation, which could've been done a number of ways: brute-force roto (ugh), newfangled optical-flow-based motion keying, or even using a motion-controlled camera and shooting them separately on a stage. Shooting separately is likely, but requires some good color-correction for matching the drive-away shot at the end. Of course, that's why you pay that guy sitting at the DaVinci console $1K an hour :)

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Oct 21, 2005 at 6:54:39 pm

Haven't seen the spot (no time for TV when spending all my spare time here, haha) but it sounds like a time echo effect.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

gregg brent
on Oct 21, 2005 at 7:52:30 pm

thanks all for replies.. yeah..trying to do similar cheapie version for inhouse presentation.

DaVinci is 1K/hr? wow.. where do i sign up for that kind of training >G/

Return to posts index

Brian FitzGerald
on Oct 23, 2005 at 7:22:02 pm

[gregg brent] "DaVinci is 1K/hr? wow.. where do i sign up for that kind of training "

Yeah, but you only get to work one hour a month...

Brian FitzGerald
FitzVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]