FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion with JPEG

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna  Panetta
Motion with JPEG
on Oct 20, 2005 at 12:52:07 am

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me. I have a soccer ball jpeg in which I am adding some behaviours like throw, spin and edge collision. Its looks great, but I'm wanting the ball to spin from right to left of the screen, then back to the left, and when the ball gets to the middle, I want the ball to disappear like someone has kicked it to the right hand of the screen. Do you know what I mean? If I add any behaviors to it, it changes everything that I've done.

ta
anna

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion with JPEG
on Oct 20, 2005 at 7:14:03 am

What is chaging that you don't want? I'd highly recommend first cutting the ball out into a circular shape and saving as a PSD. JPEGs don't have alpha channels.

Noah

Return to posts index

anna  Panetta
on Oct 20, 2005 at 8:19:17 am

I've saved it as a TIFF file. Basically what I'm trying to do is after the ball rolls right to left and back again, I want the ball to roll to the middle, stop, then add a motion to it like it looks like someone has kicked it off the screen.

ta
anna

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Oct 20, 2005 at 3:25:20 pm

Hey Anna,

It sounds like you can just sequence together the behaviors you already mentioned. Using Edge Collision and Throw, you can have the ball bounce around; when you want it to stop, just trim the Throw's outpoint to that frame, and the movement will stop. To kick the ball offscreen, just add another Throw (that starts on the frame you want the kick at) and point it offscreen. You'll need to trim the Edge Collision to end before the final kick, though, as you don't want the ball to bounce right back. Behaviors can be edited in the Timeline, just like video clips, so you can sequence them to create a series of movements.

Also, turning on motion blur can help your kick look more forceful.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

anna  Panetta
on Oct 21, 2005 at 2:30:29 pm

Thanks heaps for you help.

Cheers
Anna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]