FORUMS: list search recent posts

About replicator~

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cinemareen
About replicator~
on Oct 18, 2005 at 4:45:15 am

http://homepage.mac.com/specialcase/tutorials/repline/repline2.html

I can't figure out how the last one is done.
Could anyone help?

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Matt Murray
Re: About replicator~
on Oct 18, 2005 at 10:38:01 am

Did you do the tutorial starting on page 1?
Worked for me.
Matt Murray
Lineside Productions
Wellington, FL
http://www.edgesportfishing.com
Florida Sailfish videos, pictures and more

Mac OS X 10.4.1 , QT 7.0 Dual 2.5 GHZ, 4 gigs RAM, 23" HD display, JVC BR-3000 deck, 5 120 gig LaCie Firewire Drives, JVC 17" H1700 NTSC monitor, FCP HD 5, DVDSP 4, Compressor 2.0, Motion 2.0
Soundtrack Pro 1

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Oct 18, 2005 at 6:14:54 pm

Heya,

The last line (the super-smooth one) was done using a large number of small replicator points. Remember, it's like you're drawing a line using Legos: to make the line smoother, you need to use smaller Legos and a lot more of 'em. The source image for the replicator was the same small rectangle, only I scaled it down in X until it was taller than wide, and then cranked up the number of points. To smooth out the drawing (a more fade-in look), increase the Spread in the Sequence Replicator behavior.

The tighter the turns in your line, the more points you need to keep it smooth, but if your line is fairly straight, you won't need as many points. Just keep in mind that the more points you use, the slower things will go, so play with it until it's just right.

As for the shading, I just used the replicator controls to colorize it with a gradient.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Return to posts index

cinemareen
on Oct 19, 2005 at 7:03:45 am

Thanks a lot~

I tried this way but I just didn't increase enough number of points,so I thought I did it wrong.
^^''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]