Motion Playback Locks Keyboard/Mouse

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam
Motion Playback Locks Keyboard/Mouse
by
on Oct 6, 2005 at 7:57:46 pm

Hiya
Sometimes while playing back timeline on a project if I hit the spacebar to stop, it doesn't recognize it. All mouse commands and clicks are ignored (although it remembers them all). Maybe after 10-15 secs when it does return control it tries to carry all the "clicks" that were done it was locked. It does it quite frequently
Any help please
DP2.0/2.5GB RAM/Kona2/FibreChannel 2TB
Thx
Sam

Return to posts index

StudioCurtis
Re: Motion Playback Locks Keyboard/Mouse
on Oct 7, 2005 at 2:07:38 am

I believe I just solved the same problem for myself. For me, the problem only occures when certain objects are selected during playback in combination with the "show coodinates" option being turned on. Here is the fix I used:

-from menu bar select: Motion > Preferences
-click on "Appearance" tab
-under "Status Bar" section, make sure "color" and "coordinates" is UNCHECKED

Curtis

Return to posts index

Brad L.
on Oct 7, 2005 at 1:54:49 pm

We have identical setup as you. We are getting similar lock-ups or crashes. Beach balls, and never recovers. Same behavior on three identical systems. Force quit is our only option and of course you lose all your work. PITA.

Searched for solutions, so far I have found nothing. Trashing the Motion PLIST seemed to have help one artist but I did not have same success. Maybe Kona2 related? We had similar lockups in FCP till new Kona drivers helped that out. Checked logs, but oddly, no entries I could find as it really never crashes flat out, but hangs till I force quit.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Brad

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Oct 8, 2005 at 5:21:33 am

There was a thread on the Apple discussion list a week or so ago regarding the sluggish behavior of motion...spinning beach balls, no keyboard response, etc. The solution was to uninstall Quicktime and re-install the Quicktime package again. Some of the responses on the thread said it fixes their system. I have been knee deep in a project and do not want to risk having a QuickTime melt down with the un-install / re-install, although it might be a simple fix, I just don't want to chance it with 4 projects on my drives. Once they are done in the next two weeks, I'll back up my files and then do the QT replacement.

Links to the thread:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@988.RhHqaq2gX2F.1@.68b2d244

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301852

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]