FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD menu created in Motion 2. How do I export to DVD SP4 to use text as buttons?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bud
DVD menu created in Motion 2. How do I export to DVD SP4 to use text as buttons?
by
on Oct 3, 2005 at 5:57:38 pm

I have created a motion graphics menu for a project. Animated text, logo, overlays, and video background. Can I export this so the text can be navigation buttons in DVD SP4?
If not, why are there dvd menu templates in Motion? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: DVD menu created in Motion 2. How do I export to DVD SP4 to use text as buttons?
on Oct 3, 2005 at 9:31:28 pm

You can select the text areas as buttons, but you still need some sort of overlays to light up to indicate which button is selected or activated.

Do you want the text itself to change depending on the button state, or do you want to create separate overlays? I prefer the latter as it allows me to create cleaner-looking overlays (simple rectangular shapes). You can create the overlay layer in Motion as well as the background layer.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Bud
Re: DVD menu created in Motion 2. How do I export to DVD SP4 to use text as buttons?
by
on Oct 3, 2005 at 9:40:37 pm

Initially, I thought I would try to use the text, but I like your idea better. Much better. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]