iPad screen recording

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
iPad screen recording
on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:57:57 pm
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:59:14 pm

Hey kids...

There are probably far far more appropriate forums on the COW for this question, but I thought I'd ask my friends in here first because I bet someone here knows (and you are the guys I know and trust)...

My sister Suzanne is a calligrapher... a darn good one. She usually does things like tons of wedding invitations and that sort of stuff. Just for fun lately though she's been playing with this app on one of her many iPads... here she is in action...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBPsz8esrMU/

I had the idea of using some of this for some "live" motion graphics... I could get a write-on effect with real hand lettering in a fraction of the time that it would take to do it in post, and her writing speed is very organic and I think that would be difficult to perfectly replicate by my usual electronic "drawing" methods in After Effects or whatever. Nothing looks quite as real as well... the real thing.

I know there are apps that do live screen recording, but is there a standout one that works really great? I myself know absolute zero about anything iOS related (the last time I even touched an Apple product was when helping someone move an old Mac years ago). And while I adore my sister and think she is wildly talented, although she has probably two dozen Apple products between all the computers, notebooks, iPads, iPods, and iPhones floating around her house, I have to admit that she's the type who probably still has a VCR that is to this day blinking 12:00 over and over. Recently I was trying to give her advice on buying a document camera and projector combo for classes that she teaches... and honestly it was like trying to teach a pig to sing (wastes your time and annoys the pig). And she'll admit that.

Any suggestions?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: iPad screen recording
on Mar 17, 2016 at 1:16:10 pm
Last Edited By Craig Seeman on Mar 17, 2016 at 1:17:19 pm

Telestream ScreenFlow can record iOS screens. Device must have a Lightening connector, not the older dock connector. It can export ProRes 4444 for editing in a professional NLE although it does have some interesting editing features.

Return to posts index

Jamie Pence
on Mar 21, 2016 at 7:27:52 pm

Quicktime will record live if it's connected via lightning.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Mar 23, 2016 at 8:20:41 pm

Thank you both... appreciate the suggestions.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]