FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Invoice Issue (did I overstep?)

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd Terry
Re: Invoice Issue (did I overstep?)
on Jul 14, 2011 at 2:53:44 pm

I have no issues at all with your contract or terms... if you work, you deserve to be paid.

However, I found you saying "Before turning over finished work, I now require my clients to either pay on-the-spot of delivery, or sign a contract" just a little confusing.

Does that mean you do work for a client, show the the results, get approvals or changes and all that, and THEN spring this contract on them without ever having mentioned it before? If so, that's probably what's ruffling feathers. They may have gone in expecting net 30 terms or whatever because that's the billing reputation you have, or the deal a colleague got, or whatever. Then suddenly after the work was done they were faced with a payment demand they weren't expecting for several more days. They probably feel the work is being "held hostage." I don't think they are right, but I do see how that could upset some clients.

You definitely need to hash out all those details with a client (or a potential client) before even one bit of work is done. Contracts are signed before a job, not after.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]