Re: Invoice Issue (did I overstep?)

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Daniel Wilson
Re: Invoice Issue (did I overstep?)
on Jul 14, 2011 at 11:22:55 am

Hi Aaron,

Your question reminded me of an article in the December 2010 (5th Anniversary) Cow magazine. It doesn't answer your question, but it has a few points which touch upon similar issues. Its an article by Nick Griffin called '12 things I know about business at 55, That I Wish I’d Known at 25'.

http://magazine.creativecow.net/pdf_download/23/unzipped.pdf

From section 3: "...if the chemistry doesn’t feel right, and you can afford to, walk away before too much unproductive time is wasted".

Sections 10 and 12 might be relevant too, but the whole article is pretty good.

Regardless of whether or not your terms are reasonable, this part would worry me: "He sees it as a personal attack and sign of mistrust". There's something weird and unstable about that attitude. I can understand being skeptical of a contract, but taking it as a personal attack? My instinct would be to assume that this person simply does not want to be obliged to pay on time. As Walter mentioned, maybe he just likes to push his cash flow toward his advantage (which in my opinion is still a dodgy way to do business if it's designed to breach the contractor's terms), but maybe he's simply not liquid enough to be able to honour the contract that quickly. As Mike said, 'warning flag'.

Cheers,
Dan

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]