FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Advice regarding an Unbearable Client I don't want to lose

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Donell Hall
Re: Advice regarding an Unbearable Client I don't want to lose
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:27:35 pm

Hello again everyone, just popped back in to let you know how I handled it.

Just to clarify my problem was not reluctance to speak to the client. When you go through 12 video guys and 8 audio guys..the problem of communication probably sits firmly at your feet. Unless they have just been incredibly unlucky. My issue was mostly how much effort should I put forth to a client who clearly doesnt understand or care how this relationship should work.

Many of you hit it firmly on the head and I have choosen the route of submitting a end of season report that had all the fixes that I think we should go through. I also told them I would be happy to sit down and discuss each one in detail if they scheduled one (they havent and probably will never)I have since told them I am only available through email on days I am not scheduled to be there.

I am now in full, put my head down, cash my check and say thank you option until I get let go, in which I will say thank you for the opportunity and be on my way. I patch everything together as best I can for the shows but the very second its over they become out of sight out of mind.

I firmly think you can not care MORE than what the client does or risk a mental breakdown.

I feel good that I gave them some options and the ball is in their court as for exercising them. If they want everything to stay the same..so be it..I will cash my checks, pay my bills and be happy.

Thanks for all the input.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]