FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Advice regarding an Unbearable Client I don't want to lose

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Donell Hall
Re: Advice regarding an Unbearable Client I don't want to lose
on Jun 17, 2011 at 5:50:27 am

Thank you for the advise guys.I agree with both of you but I failed to mention that I have other clients which does change the mindset a little.

Just a couple comments, first to you Mr. Cohen (and this is just for the benefit that maybe a new to the business person is reading this thread). It the same sense that someone should be humble and happy that they have employment in a down economy, in my personal opinion this is also the time where a person should be extremely careful of their contracts, clients, etc. This is also the time where the most werewolves in sheep clothing appear. There are many out there who use this as an opportunity to advance while breaking the backs of others, all the while danging that carrot of loosing a gig. Whether intentional or not there are people out there that are so high maintenance that you wind up loosing money at the end of the day. We have all seen those Craigs List post, "Needs to latest HD camera packages, Audio Gear and 10 years of experience. Payment? 100 dollars, Copy and Credit."

All freelancers have their own set of rules that they follow and mine simply will not allow me to work a ratio of 2 to 1 hours of unpaid vs paid work. I am only there a total of 10 hours a week over 2 days. I have no problem doing off the clock work when its a ratio like 30 hours paid 10 or 15 hours off just to help out. Its just got to be a little bit more beneficial before I toss in free work.

ARGH. I am not a lazy freelancer I really am not, I am very willing to help them out, I only rule is never loose money and with only 10 paid hours there is no margin for profit there. I have a list of things that need, things that can be improved, things that will make it all run smoother it seems to fall on deaf hears when it comes to spending more money. Hell I even offered to edit the dvds myself for half the rate but they declined because they wanted to be able to give the dvds to the clients the next day.

I hate to admit it but I am leaning towards the scrap by option...at least to the end of the season which is a mere month away. Lets see if I get fired by then if not...over the off season I will really try to make a push to improve things for the next season.

Sigh.....disappointing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]