FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Over Modulated/Clipping

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Minda Harris
Audio Over Modulated/Clipping
on Jul 13, 2018 at 6:10:07 pm

Hello All!
I'm working on a cooking show and some of the audio sounds clipped and over modulated but when I try and fix it in Audition (please note that this is the only audio editing program I have access to at my place of work) it doesn't recognize that the distortion is there because the audio never goes into the red. Is there a way to fix this? I can't even issolate what's causing the distortion, it happens randomly with no clear trigger.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Audio Over Modulated/Clipping
on Jul 15, 2018 at 2:40:53 am

he original raw audio might be clipped too, though. imho isotope rx does declipping a lot better, but here's the audition version.

tips for getting good audio(if you can't reshoot with expensive sound equipment that is ☺

1. clean up diagnostics audio. de-clip 1st ,de-reverb 2nd, denoise always last, (watch for DC offset errors and phasing errors)
2. equalize, removing wind, rumbling and enhancing vocal range raising 95hz 2.5 dB Q 2 width, and 972 hz 4.5dB Q2 and 1306 Hz 4 dB 2Q
3. studio reverb size 1; decay 200ms;width 19.9;high freq 161hz, low cut 20hz, damp 50%; diff 50%; dry 100%, wet 78.6% to get warm microphone sound.
4. multiband compressor-fiddle with this one's settings so it sounds good to roll off dynamic range loudness
5. match loudness ITU-R BS.1770-3 -24lufs for correct audio levels

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]