FORUMS: list search recent posts

lip sync issues with video files

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Sefton
lip sync issues with video files
on Jun 27, 2018 at 11:00:17 am

System - 2013 Mac Pro 6 core, 64GB RAM, D700, project files on Gtech studio XL raid via thunderbolt 2, audio routed via Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB3.0 device. Most recent version of Audition.

Playing back a multitrack audio project with a mastered video file for client preview - if we connect an additional display to the machine via HDMI and put the video reference file on this, we lose lip sync. Playing from the system monitors connected via a thunderbolt 2 port is fine. Same issue in Premiere. If we use Ultrastudio 4K in Premiere, that also has the same issue.

Using FCPX and Logic Pro X, we can do this no problem with the HDMI port or Ultrastudio. Logic Pro X also has the convenient delay for video files...

Any thoughts or is Adobe just not going to be useable for the next few projects we have?

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
Re: lip sync issues with video files
on Jul 26, 2018 at 3:27:20 am

4k is alot of data to be pushing, so perhaps the problem is with the HDMI?? It may take extra time to "parse" and display.

Why not just go with TB2??

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jul 29, 2018 at 5:03:23 pm

It’s more than odd that logic and fcpx can do it but audition can’t. Audition also can recognise the thunderbolt 2 connection with ultrastudio 4K, so the only option is to use thunderbolt 2 to a monitor and make this a full screen display, which may or may not work. Plus the panels we have for client preview need to be fed by hdmi direct or via an ultrastudio 4K.

We’ve found a solution but unfortunately it meant ditching audition.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jul 31, 2018 at 8:12:02 am

Sorry, this should say that audition CANT recognise an ultrastudio 4K connected via thunderbolt 2.

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Jul 31, 2018 at 9:51:32 am

It is a bit odd, I’ll give you that. It wouldn’t be the first time that Adobe’s software wasn’t 100% compatible with something.

I assume you’re fully up to date with the software and OS. Have you also considered firmware and/or driver updates for the Ultrastudio??

Oh check it’s not a frame rate thing. I’ve never used an Ultrastudio, so I don’t know what kind of settings it has. Though, audio will fall out of sync if the frame rate is wrong.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jul 31, 2018 at 9:56:32 am

All software and os and drivers up to date, audition just doesn’t see the ultrastudio as a video output device.

Logic and resolve/fairlight do, and even without the ultrastudio, Logic can add latency to the video signal so you can just use the hdmi output. This adds up to a large series of jobs moving from adobe to resolve.

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Jul 31, 2018 at 10:51:16 am

I’m more of an Apple user, they can be quite progressive when they want to be, as can Adobe, but Blackmagic has to be the most progressive developer I have seen

I am genuinely impressed at the rate they update their software and the kind of features that get added. I mean, Audition and Fusion in Resolve!! Plus Resolve is now a full fledged editor, complete with third party plugin capability and an amazing tracker.... WTF!?!!

I’m only hoping that it will light a fire under Apple and Adobe and they rise to the occasion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]