FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Raw data - Most parts with Noise only?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Ayala
Importing Raw data - Most parts with Noise only?
on Oct 9, 2017 at 9:23:58 pm

Hello, guys. So, the dreadful 0 bytes file thing happened to me. My Tascam lost power during the recording. I left the SD card untouched and made an image copy of the drive so I could import it in Audition as raw data in order to find the corrupted take.

My input settings were 48khz, 24 bit PCM, Stereo (just as recorded) and Little Endian. I have tried values 0, 1 and 2 (even 3) in the "start byte offset" space.

What I get is an almost 4-hour long audio file with 85% ultra-saturated sound at 0db (or almost) and the other 15% are chunks of good audio with normal levels. Where levels are just a little below 0db I can tell those are takes that I recorded just fine--Apart from this one take I'm trying to recover, I can play all other takes on my computer and they all have normal levels.

When I change the value to 0, 1 or 2 the chunks that sound good are all different, but still, together they comprise about 15% of the entire file. When I changed the value to 3 I got a split second file.

Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance.

PS: I have also tried the chkdsk solution to recover the 0 bytes file, but the .chk files are not showing up on my drive event though the "show hidden files" option is checked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]