FORUMS: list search recent posts

to reinforce quiet spots and at the same time to reduce loudness

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Zimmermann
to reinforce quiet spots and at the same time to reduce loudness
on Jun 30, 2017 at 10:03:07 am

Hi

to reinforce quiet spots and at the same time to reduce loudness. For example one sound is a speaking person and the second sound is the music in the background. And i need only the spokeman.

Which funktion i must be used in adobe audition?

Thanks for help!

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
Re: to reinforce quiet spots and at the same time to reduce loudness
on Aug 3, 2017 at 10:16:48 am

I'm not entirely clear of what you are after. However, you can use level automation on the timeline editor to bring sounds in and out.

Adversely, if you are talking about having a more polished dialogue sound that stands out against the music then this can get a bit more detailed and take a bit more practice.

However, you can use a limiter to reduce some of the loudest peaks of the dialogue which will enable you to turn it up a bit more and you could use a compressor to level out the overall signal. This will again allow you to bring up the audio even more and it will add energy to the track if set properly.

Audition has a Dynamics plugin for this, see if you can find a setting that will get you close, then adjust any 'threshold" parameters, to customise it for your use. Too much and your voice will sounds squashed and lifeless, so use in moderation

An eq bump around 120-200hz can help with more bass. Too much of this, though, will make it sound too boomy. Some presence between 900Hz-2kHz can help push the voice forward, but too much will make it sound too nasally. To brighten up thew voice try around 5-8kHz. Cbe careful here too, because too much will make their voice harsh or sibilant where the S's and consonant sounds jump out too much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]