FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wedding speech editing

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clément Boulanger
Wedding speech editing
on Jun 19, 2017 at 8:50:55 pm

Hi.
I'm videographer and I recently shot one russian wedding in Paris.
After the purchase of a Rode VideoMic Pro, it was the first time I recorded sound (speech). It was a symbolic ceremony outside in Paris. Noise background, people around, wind, I did what I could ...
So I am today with an audio track to rework, without experience in sound editing and with tools that I don't know, in this case Adobe Audition.
Could someone help me and guide me to correct this track? I have tried many tools but it is not very satisfying ...

I join a link to get the track : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6d9WiS7rQ1BY1V2cV8tZFlsdE0/view?usp=shari...

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
Re: Wedding speech editing
on Jul 18, 2017 at 10:56:10 am

Did you manage to sort your issues??

Return to posts index

Clément Boulanger
on Jul 18, 2017 at 11:34:01 am

A little but not really, I removed a little background noise but not too much because it makes change voices... I also corrected some background sounds.
But I guess with all this wind and environment sounds, it's impossible to have something perfect, especially for the first experience with this microphone and audio softwares... A good solution would be to dub the voices but I prefer keep real emotions of the moment.
Finally I set the volume of background music a bit up to not hear so much imperfections.

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Jul 28, 2017 at 11:50:35 am

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I've been quite busy lately.

Without hearing it yet it seems like it would have been quite a difficult issue to deal with. Audition has some basic tools to sort out some common problems, better than FCPX/Logic I believe, but still a bit underpowered to deal with problematic situations.

There's no ideal solution except prevention, but some of the higher end noise management and audio repair solutions like you get from Waves and iZotope could get you something more usable. It will never be perfect, but it maybe enough for what you need.

Of course these things cost quite a bit of money, then you need technique on top. It's not something you learn overnight.

When I get a moment I'll try give it a listen and see if i can offer you anymore feedback. I'll try to reply sooner this time!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]