FORUMS: list search recent posts

Same clip 6db louder in Audition than in FCPX

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Wilson
Same clip 6db louder in Audition than in FCPX
on May 31, 2017 at 2:33:26 pm

Hi - hope someone has an idea or solution for the following:

I'm seeing a 6 db difference between audio playing in the FCPX timeline and the same clip playing in Adobe Audition. Audition has it at 6 db louder. So I guess my question is, which is the accurate one?, and assuming that Audition is accurate, is there a problem with doing your initial volume levels for a film edit in FCPX and then once you take the film project over to Audition, will you have some of the clips actually clipping?

For example, imagine you cut a scene where an actor is screaming. Maybe you bring the audio up to -6db while working in FCPX. Upon transfer, will it be clipping in Audition? Obviously you could adjust that actor's level down in Audition, but now the relative volumes of that actor compared to other sound in the scene is off. So assuming Audition is the true volume, can you merely do a global volume/level decrease by - 6 db, on all clips, as you begin your Audition session, and would that keep all the sounds the same relative to each other?

Would also be curious if anyone heard anything from Apple on this issue?

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
Re: Same clip 6db louder in Audition than in FCPX
on Jun 7, 2017 at 7:52:25 am

Problem solved for those experiencing FCPX files playing 6 db louder in Audition. I was using X to CC (formerly Xto7), and that was bringing the files into Audition at 6 db louder. I spoke with one of guys at X to CC producer Intelligent Assistance and he recommended taking the X to CC converted XML into Premiere, and then taking that into Audition. That did the trick.

Note: This was the first he had heard of X to CC having this issue for people going from FCPX to Audition via the X to CC software, but for those with the problem, go to Premiere first and you're all set.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]