FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with selection tool and navegation in wave form editor

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teresa Roberts
Problems with selection tool and navegation in wave form editor
on May 18, 2017 at 12:50:54 am

Hi i'm a beginner with Audition but have been using audacity for some time. I mostly edit the audio for podcast projects and i'm trying to make the switch to audition but i'm running into some problems that slow down my workflow significantly.

First off I often want to select the space between two words when someones talking and paste silence into that space. Often when i do this i need to fade out the end of the previous word so as not to have the sound end abruptly and make an audible click noise. In audacity i would just paste the silence in then move my selection over to the last part of the word and apply the fade out tool. In audition the selection tool leaves seems inexact and when i apply the fade envelope effect it leaves a short bit at the very end making the click even more noticeable. so i have to separately zoom in and delete this last little bit which slows my workflow. It also when making applying previous effect [control + R] it forces me to click ok on the settings for the effect is there a way to make this automatic so i can skip a step?
heres a link to screenshots that show the problem
https://postimg.org/gallery/1jjogc6j6/

Lastly the tool at the top for navigating through time is helpful but i also like to scroll with my mouse scroll wheel when hitting shift but the scroll wheel goes painfully slowly making moving forward or back in the selection very tedious especially if im zoomed in on long pieces of audio where the navigator at the top is not as helpful. are there ways to change the scroll wheel speed or other ways to navigate time that are more effective.

Any help with these would be awesome i can tell that there's a lot of powerful tools in audition but i need a bit of help to work out how to make the transition from audacity.
thankyou
-T

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]