FORUMS: list search recent posts

VO Audio issue

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
VO Audio issue
on May 8, 2017 at 8:09:27 am

Hi friends,
I have an audio file which has certain unwanted noise peaks (well I am exactly not sure what specific term should be used for this kind of problem) that I have tried to fix using different tools after watching a bunch of tutorials on Youtube, but the problem is still there.

I am attaching my audio file, see at 6, 8, 12 secs you will hear a sound of VO artist as if she is getting too close to mic while recording. Again this is just a wild guess at my end with very little or basic experience of using Audition.

Can someone help by guiding how to remove this problem and have a slightly better and clean audio.

11341_audioissue.wav.zip

Thanks.
Syed

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: VO Audio issue
on May 12, 2017 at 2:20:39 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on May 12, 2017 at 2:21:13 pm

in audition, run declicker, then remove pop with noise reduction click/pop eliminator. you'll have to select the bad areas manually then slide detect full left for most controls. its easier to just use heal brush ctrl+u on the transients at this point.

or try izotope rx deplosive is way easier to use and one click fix.

Return to posts index

Mark Forester
on May 16, 2017 at 10:47:15 pm

Hi Syed,

I'm starting a business to address issues just like these- Take a look at it if you like perhaps I can help.

https://surveillanceparty.wixsite.com/fixpolish

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Jul 18, 2017 at 10:52:55 am

Those kind of peaking effects are known as "plosives". It happens when strong consonant sounds come out of the talents mouth and causes the mic to freak a little. It's a side effect of having the talent too close to the mic and talent not watching their Ps, Bs, Ks and Ts.

For future reference try getting them to stand back from the mic a tiny bit and also try a "pop shield". They help break up and diffuse the air before it hits the mic.

They come up in the file as bursts of low energy, you may not even see them peak high in the audio file. It really helps to have a spectrogram (view of the frequencies) to tell where they are the most energetic.

RX has a feature that helps fix these issues. Or you can try a dynamic eq/compressor like the F6 or C6 and set the plugin to to selectively duck those frequencies when they hit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]