FORUMS: list search recent posts

I am a filmmaker and I need your kind suggestions please

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ayan Acharyya
I am a filmmaker and I need your kind suggestions please
on May 6, 2017 at 2:39:38 pm

Hello Professionals,

I am a motion graphics designer and filmmaker. I am actually a motion graphics designer by profession.
But I made my first film and super excited about it.

But today I am feeling low and depressed because I don't know anything about post production.

I edited my film by myself and then hired a super professional dubbing studio. Last day dubbing is completed and they handed over the stereo mixed vocal track.

They are asking to use their mix and mastering services but I have no more budget so I asked for the stereo vocal track for now.

My question is why the track is sounding super cheap and not like movie ? I know that lot of post production needed on this raw vocal dubbed audio but I am confused if they have handed over the right thing to me or they are not giving the quality track ?

Why the track is sounding super cheap where the dubbing studio is super professional?
Is this sounding right ? I want to know this please.

And if this is sounding right and supposed to be like this after dubbing then kindlu please tell me how to make this sound right for my indie short film , I don't have budget to hire professional again for this short film.

I have attached a small portion of the track named "preview"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ALoLIKm6R3VnBBTlhPa3JQMGc/view?usp=shari...

Please please please help me.

Here is the audio file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ALoLIKm6R3VnBBTlhPa3JQMGc/view?usp=shari...

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: I am a filmmaker and I need your kind suggestions please
on May 7, 2017 at 1:23:46 pm

uh, your audio has over 112 clipping errors, echo errors, dynamic range errors, reverb errors, noise, and was shot with a rode nt2/h4 not a schoepps.

I only speak english so you'll have to tell me if this sounds ok. I usually equalize to things I understand.
https://f1.creativecow.net/11333/preview-dereverb?uploaded=file

Do you have adobe audition or isotrope rx dereverb?

Return to posts index

Ayan Acharyya
on May 7, 2017 at 1:56:02 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. Thank you very much.
Yes I have adobe audition.
When I imported the clip they supplied I can see the clipping errors now, thanks for your suggestion.
Yes your clip has no clipping error.

So what should I do now ? Should I ask the studio to provide me the raw recorded audio from the dubbing session ?
they are very professional studio so I thing raw clips will be fine.
The mixing person wants me to use their service for 5.12 mixing forcefully that'y why I think they delivered such clipping error , wrong , bad stereo mixed file so I must use their mixing services.

But I will not let that happen, I will ask for the raw clips from the dubbing session on Monday, isn't it ?
whats you suggestion ?

and any small tips that I can make the sound sound like movie ? I know its not easy , still I am asking you haha as I am a filmmaker not an audio guy.

Also should I ask the studio for the raw clips ?

Thanks
Ayan

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on May 7, 2017 at 3:05:38 pm

the original raw audio might be clipped too, though. you can mix 5.1 very easily in audition. tons of video tuts on that.

tips for getting good audio(if you can't reshoot with expensive sound equipment that is ☺

1. clean up audio. de-clip 1st ,de-reverb 2nd, denoise always last, (watch for DC offset errors and phasing errors)
2. equalize, removing wind, rumbling and enhancing vocal range raising 95hz 2.5 dB Q 2 width, and 972 hz 4.5dB Q2 and 1306 Hz 4 dB 2Q
3. studio reverb size 1; decay 200ms;width 19.9;high freq 161hz, low cut 20hz, damp 50%; diff 50%; dry 100%, wet 78.6% to get warm microphone sound.
4. multiband compressor-fiddle with this one's settings so it sounds good to roll off dynamic range loudness
5. match loudness ITU-R BS.1770-3 -24lufs for correct audio levels

how did my clip sound?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]