FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition CS5.5 cuts/truncates an 8 minute file down to 8 seconds

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Strickland
Audition CS5.5 cuts/truncates an 8 minute file down to 8 seconds
on Jan 4, 2012 at 8:19:37 pm

Audition CS5.5 cuts an 8 minute file down to 8 seconds when trying to apply an effect like "dynamics processing".

On a vocal/voice over track, I normally apply a group of effects with out any problem... until today.

I start by recording an audio track and then applying:
Filter and EQ, 20 Band Equalizer, Vocal Magic Preset;
Amplitude and Compression, Normalize, 100%;
Nothing unusual so far, file and effects are fine.

Now I apply Amplitude and Compression, Dynamics Processing, Voice Over Preset. When processing is finished I only have the first 8.6 seconds of the audio. The effect is applied, the processing time is normal, but the file is truncated. Audio quality is good... for 8.6 seconds. There is only the 8.6 second waveform showing.

I reset my ins and outs to insure that the entire file length is included and it was. So I undo the effect which restores the file and skip forward to my next effect: Amplitude and Compression, Multiband Compression, BroadCast preset and apply.

After processing, the file is again 8.6 seconds.
The only other thing that might be unusual is that the none of the effects are not showing up in the effects rack.

Short on time, I just saved the file and imported it into Premiere Pro. I have a background music track and this vocal track. When the vocal track hits a silent spot, the background music goes silent as well.

The only clue here is that it seems to be happening where I, in Audition, scrubbed to volume down to minus infinity to get rid of "inhales" between passages. I normally do that with no problem, if I don't, then "dynamics processing" gives me noise in these spaces.

What am I doing wrong here???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]