FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sapphire 7 CUDA acceleration

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lyudmil Angelushev
Sapphire 7 CUDA acceleration
on Jan 4, 2014 at 2:04:01 pm

Hi,
I'm using Sapphire 7 on Premiere Pro CS6 with MPE GPU Acceleration CUDA. My video card is GTX 660. The acceleration runs great with the native PP CS6 effects.

When I apply a Sapphire effect the red line appears, although in the effect's help the GPU acceleration is checked.
In the effect panel the Sapphire effects do not show the acceleration icon. The preview is slow and while rendering the video card doesn't seem to load much.

Any ideas how to solve that?
I like the Sapphire effects and moved to CUDA especially for the acceleration.

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
Re: Sapphire 7 CUDA acceleration
on Jan 6, 2014 at 1:29:37 pm

Hi Lyudmil; Sapphire uses CUDA but it's internal to the effects, so you won't see the acceleration icon in Premiere Pro. But it should render lots faster with CUDA checked in the Sapphire Help dialog than without. If not, please email support@genarts.com and we'll help you out - could be a driver problem or something else.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Lyudmil Angelushev
on Jan 8, 2014 at 12:17:59 pm

Well, I made some tests with CUDA acclrtn on and off.
With CUDA acceleration on rendering is about 15-20% faster.
Is that all I can expect?

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
on Jan 8, 2014 at 2:49:02 pm

That depends on a lot of factors, mainly how fast your CPUs are compared to your GPU, and which effect you're using. Rays and Edge Rays, for instance, should be quite a lot faster, as will many of the warps. Simple color effects are already quite fast on the CPU, so you won't see much benefit from GPU acceleration there; it takes some time to get the images to the GPU and back. And of course if you have a screaming-fast 12-core Haswell-CPU monster, it'll be hard even for a K6000 with 2880 cores to beat it by all that much. (Though the K6000 is really amazingly fast.) The 660 isn't a bad card at all though, with 960 cores. With some effects you should see very nice speedups.

Hope that helps;

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Lyudmil Angelushev
on Jan 8, 2014 at 2:56:40 pm

Thanks, Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]