FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Sapphire 7 & Masks

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Dunstan
Avid Sapphire 7 & Masks
on Dec 3, 2013 at 6:07:17 pm

Hi,

I'm currently looking at purchasing the latest version for Avid (currently using a trial.

When using a lens flare (back on version 5) you could add a mask via a drop down box (so the lens would go behind objects) see here

(around 4'50")

This seems to have gone in the latest version. Does anyone know how you create a mask in v7? So the lensflare goes behind objects.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
Re: Avid Sapphire 7 & Masks
on Dec 6, 2013 at 10:28:33 pm

Hi Chris; I'm pretty sure that "Occlusion" dropdown menu is still there in v7. If you're having trouble, please email our support folks at support@genarts.com and they can definitely help you out.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Chris Dunstan
on Apr 24, 2015 at 8:45:09 pm

Hi Gary, Thanks for your help back in 2013! I have recently used version 8.0.1 on lens flare. The effects editor did not seem to have a Occlusion dropdown? is this a bug? Also forgot how you layer this up using avid?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
on Apr 24, 2015 at 8:56:20 pm

Hi Chris; please install 8.1 from our site, it should fix the missing Occlusion layer param in LensFlare in 3D mode. (This is only a problem in AE, which supports 3d - Avid doesn't have that option.) You should get 8.1 anyway, it has lots of new goodies especially in Builder. Check the changelog for details.

Regarding "layering" in Avid, not sure what you want to do. If you want to apply multiple effects to a clip, just Alt-drag (Option on Mac) the effect on; that'll nest it.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Chris Dunstan
on Apr 24, 2015 at 9:01:41 pm

Thanks Gary. The version I used today did not have the Occlusion option (Avid) Will get them to update.

Today I just wanted to place the sun behind some trees. Could not think of what I needed to do regarding tick box on the menu (if the Occlusion box was there)

Back in the day you used to have to duplicate the shot (matte key)

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
on Apr 24, 2015 at 9:17:15 pm

On Avid, you do need to have a matte to get occlusion. Pull a key (hi-con, black & white) for your trees. Put that on V1, and put the video on V2. Apply the effect to the video on V2, then select "1 layer below" for the Occlusion layer. Then you can tweak the occlusion settings (near the bottom of the effect editor) to get the look you want.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Chris Dunstan
on Apr 24, 2015 at 9:24:05 pm

Brilliant. Thanks. Last question! I'm correct in thinking that the Occlusion layer is within the lens flare option? I'll check again on Monday. and look towards the bottom.

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
on Apr 24, 2015 at 9:28:19 pm

Occlusion in Avid is an Input Selector (within LensFlare); the input selectors are up near the top of the effect editor. Hope that helps!

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Chris Top
on Apr 27, 2015 at 1:15:02 pm

Got another question! I'm looking at making a Chroma Arc Move. (As can not see this is effect editor options)I have gone into edit lens. Clicked on Chroma Arc. I can then see Animation. But not sure how to actually animate the arc?

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
on Apr 28, 2015 at 5:48:36 pm

Chroma arcs will rotate around just like other elements, when the hotspot moves. The Animation options in the Flare Designer control how the element reacts as the hotspot moves farther from the center. Normally arc elements grow and brighten as the hotspot gets farther away from the center, but you can control that as you like. The "Response" sliders control how the global triggers (normally near the frame edge) affect the brightness and size; that's how you can get flashes as it goes past the edge.

Hope that's helpful!

-- Gary

Return to posts index

jasmine peterson
on May 6, 2016 at 2:04:07 pm

No need for sapphire here. Just use the built in "mosaic" effect under the image fx tab. Add a Keyframe, where you want the "pixelation" to appear and draw a mask around the person, adjust the settings and same thing vice verca on the following clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]