FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP vs AE Upgrade V6

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Tomlinson
FCP vs AE Upgrade V6
on Nov 14, 2011 at 8:23:45 am

I just wanted clarification in light of the rather significant upgrade price. In the past AE and FCP were considered the same license. As the newer FCP version is not out, if I upgraded the AE, will the FCP version work when it is later released (I use FCP 7 and have no plans to upgrade FCP X right now). I like to use Sapphire in my primary editor, so I am wondering if the AE version will be the best bet or if you will have FXPlug versions (possibly this is just a wrapper anyway?). So basically, I am looking for the correct upgrade path for FCP 7. As a side note, in the future if FCPX truly becomes worthless, will it be possible to crossgrade out of it? I can't recall a major company ever killing a product in this way and I am sure you stand to make more from upgrades by keeping customers. I simply wouldn't be able to put another 3k for Avid to start from scratch as much as I like the plugins. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Kilisky
Re: FCP vs AE Upgrade V6
on Nov 14, 2011 at 5:27:50 pm

Hi Jeff,

The FCP7 version of Sapphire v6 will be available this week. AE & FCP7 still use a single license. If you upgrade your AE license, it will also work with the FxPlug version for FCP7.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Return to posts index

Jeff Tomlinson
Re: FCP vs AE Upgrade V6
on Nov 14, 2011 at 8:55:59 pm

I'll probably upgrade then, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]