FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Issue - Corruption of sound upon rendering

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Meade
Audio Issue - Corruption of sound upon rendering
on Aug 5, 2009 at 7:55:55 pm

Hi,

I downloaded the trial version of GenArts Sapphire (v 2.02) and used it for the duration of the 30 day trial period without many problems apart from the odd frame here and there being out of place which was reported as normal for an older version. However when the trial expired, I'm having all kinds of audio issues, with sounds fuzzing every now and then especially when I put a sequence in another sequence.

I've since removed Sapphire but the problems are still apparant, I even get odd frames added in here and there and random pieces of audio played (especially on crossfades between sequences).

Has anyone got an idea why this is happening or how I can completely remove sapphire? I've reinstalled the CS4 suite but to no avail...

Cheers!

G.

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
Re: Audio Issue - Corruption of sound upon rendering
on Aug 6, 2009 at 1:21:29 pm

Hi Gary; you should be able to remove Sapphire with the uninstaller. On Windows use Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, on Mac go to /Applications/GenArtsSapphireAE and double-click Uninstall Sapphire.

That said, I have never heard of any video plug-in corrupting audio. The plug-ins don't even have access to the audio tracks. Are you sure you don't have some other corruption on your system? Your mention of "frames out of place" also sounds suspiciously like disk corruption; no version of Sapphire should do that.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]