FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Sapphire v3?...

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Bagby
New Sapphire v3?...
on Feb 12, 2009 at 3:34:47 pm

Hi All,

I work for a College in St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

After finally convincing the higher-ups at the College to pay $2,700 for Sapphire AVX2 for our Avid Media Composer Adrenaline, we sent through an order to GenArts. When I got the e-mail from GenArts with the authorization code, I was elated to finally get Sapphire. When I followed the instructions in the e-mail, Sapphire version 3 is what downloaded from the GenArts website. Imagine my surprise to find that what GenArts had sent to us was an authorization code for the old Sapphire version 2.

Our IT department and I have repeatedly contacted GenArts with a request for clarification on why we were given a version 2 code, when version 3 was clearly available for download and was shown as being the same price as version 2. GenArts has yet to respond to any of my attempts to contact them.

GenArts, Inc. is a really good company with an excellent product. I find myself confused why they would treat a College that is a not-for-profit organization, in this manner. They should give us the authorization code for version 3 that was available at the time of our order.

I hope that others will not have the same disappointing experience that I have had.

-Mark-
mbagby@stlcc.edu

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
Re: New Sapphire v3?...
on Feb 12, 2009 at 7:57:40 pm

Hi, Mark.

Our records show that St. Louis Community College purchased a license
for Sapphire v2 back in August 2008 which you should have received at
that time. Version 3 was not released until December 2008.

Please feel free to contact us directly about this. Not sure what
happened last time but someone here should normally reply right away to
any questions you have. If you don't hear from us, please give us a
call at 617 492-2888.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Mark Bagby
Yea for Liz Roach and the staff at GenArts....
on Feb 12, 2009 at 9:31:22 pm

Thank you to Liz Roach and everyone at GenArts for their concern and quick response to my situation.

Somewhere there must have been a communications mix-up that has now been corrected.

To all my fellow Avid users, GenArts and Sapphire really are the best and I look forward to using the new version 3 in many productions.

Thanks again to Liz and Gary!

-Mark-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]