FORUMS: list search recent posts

sapphire, 3D pressure waves/sound waves (from demo real 2007)

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bart Straman
sapphire, 3D pressure waves/sound waves (from demo real 2007)
on May 14, 2008 at 5:36:35 pm

hi there all,

I've got a thing to make, seen it on the gen-arts website here in the first 10 seconds or so:

http://www.genarts.com/genarts-demoreel-qt-small.html
(home page gen-arts and then demo-real 2007 on the left).

You see the big massive pressure waves comming out of those ghettoblaster speaker cones!
now this is an extremely beautifull effect, but i want to recreate something similair (also using sapphire if possible).

in the shot you see circles(pressure wave) that begin small and and big, the circles (pressure waves) have white rings with low opacity. between the rings there is a opague piece connecting the the upcomming ring and that below. (like a cone with bottom and top highlighted).
both displacing the layer(video shot) behind it, so my question how to create something similair.
(the basics then, not the fancy shiny glitters and sparks, sapphire can handle that, if there is a sapphire pro here, mayby some tips can come in handy. other tips as well!)

I am quite new to SAPPHIRE, but with some suggestion from the After effects forum I ting we have to look at the distort, Warp-Puddle effect. but yeah, in the videoclip, they are quite 3D like with dept. i did try to use radio waves and warp puddle, but finding it difficult to get the result I'm looking fore (like in the video clip)

let me know what comes to mind for creating this cool thing,

Thanxs!

Bart

Return to posts index

shaun logan
Re: sapphire, 3D pressure waves/sound waves (from demo real 2007)
on Jul 20, 2008 at 10:28:35 am

am looking to create the same effect for a Commercial, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]