FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plug In Errors

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seniormartinez
Plug In Errors
on Jan 4, 2008 at 11:51:09 am

Hello guys,

thank you very much for your help in this forum - I appreciated your support many times. So thanks a lot and I hope you're there a bit of a time ...

But here's my problem:
I installed Sapphire and Cycore plugins a while ago on my DELL PRECISION 690 - running on Vista. Since then all times I started my After Effects CS3 warnings for each single plugin came up saying:

After Effects Warning: All Saphire and Cycore Plugins are exist repeatedly. To avoid problems exit After Effects and move or delete old or no longer requiered versions.

I ignored that problem for a few days and started working with some plugings in AE. When I installed the plugins anew the big trouble started. I open my project with the Sapphire plugins and with the usual AE warnigs about the double existing files there also popped these messages up:

1. Error: Failed opening config file: c:/Program Files/GenArts/SapphireAE/s_config.text: No such file or directory

2. Error: load_lens_flares_from_file: Can't open file c:/Program File/GenArts/SapphireAE/s_lensflare.text

3. Alert: get_next_char: need reading_from_file_ptr or reading_from_string.

4. After Effects Error: Sapphire plug-in error (abort) (512)
( 25 ? 34 )

The layers with Sapphire effects in the project remained black with the writing GENARTS SAPPHIRE PLUGINS.

Actually the missing text files are still there but the pass doesn't seem to be found because the Vista runs in German so Program Files are called Programme. Does this matter?

Does this mean anything to you? Have I got to install the system and AE again?

Oh, I have to mention that there's still AE 7.0 on the computer. Matter maybe?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Sebastian Martinez

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
Re: Plug In Errors
on Jan 4, 2008 at 2:22:02 pm

Hi Sebastian; please email us at support@genarts.com and we'll help you out. There can be some issues with Sapphire v1 on CS3 and Vista which are improved with version 2, but we can help you get it straightened out.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Sebastian Martinez
on Jan 4, 2008 at 2:23:00 pm

Hey guys,

I solved some of the problems myself so far: I deinstalled the Sapphire and Cycore plugins correctly with Vista's deinstaller program and reinstall the plugins. This time with the correct pass for the text files (whatever their meaning is). And all worked fine again, all plugins work. Cool.

But still when starting AE dozens of warnings pop up saying:

All Saphire and Cycore Plugins are exist repeatedly. To avoid problems exit After Effects and move or delete old or no longer requiered versions.

So what's the point in that?

Chears

Sebastian Martinez

Return to posts index

Rob Rice
on Sep 8, 2008 at 11:27:40 pm

Hey Sebastian,

I just came across the same error. I wanted to let you know that AE is not lying to you. GenArts actually installs the plugins twice. Once in the typical After Effects CS3Support FilesPlugIns, but also under the more general AdobeCommonPluginsCS3MediaCore. I deleted the second set of the last file tree I mentioned and I received no more errors. I hope this helps anyone else that's frustrated with this problem!

Ciao

Rob

Return to posts index

Sebastian Martinez
on Sep 10, 2008 at 8:37:41 am

Hi Rob,
yes, that is true not long ago I came to the very same solution! Funny thing, deleting the second folder didn't work – first. The PC admin found out that there was allready the CS2 version of AE installed. So there must have been several trees of the Saphire Plugins.

After deinstalling CS2 all was normal, no warnings when starting AE.

Nice to hear about that again after such a while!

Chears Rob!
Sebastian

Sebastian Martinez

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]