FORUMS: list search recent posts

recreating S_makeRGBA titles

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy Gilbert
recreating S_makeRGBA titles
on Dec 14, 2007 at 11:35:53 am

I've been applying make_RGBA to avid titles, followed by a diffuse effect and finally S_Layer. This all works well until i take the sequence to the online and try to recreate the titles. It seems that sapphire has made the titles non standard, and they won't recreate. Help! Is there a workflow to get around this problem?

Return to posts index

GaryO
Re: recreating S_makeRGBA titles
on Dec 14, 2007 at 3:00:55 pm

Hi, Roy. Any effect that applies to a title or key replaces the Avid title effect; it's the only way that can work on an Avid. This is because the Avid title always composites over the bg clip, so it has to be replaced if you're going to apply effects only to the title and not the bg.

That means that there's no way to recreate the title once you've replaced it; it's just a couple of clips at that point (RGB and the alpha matte). You can save a copy of the title in your bin and recreate it in the online, and then replace the footage or reapply the title effects, or you could just create online-quality title footage in the offline if that's possible.

Hope that's helpful;

-- Gary Oberbrunner

Return to posts index

Roy Gilbert
on Dec 14, 2007 at 4:10:58 pm

Thanks Gary - i suspected it wouldn't be a straightforward fix. If i create the title at 1to1, can i take the whole track and it's consolidated media into the online and lay it on that way or will the consolidated media also contain the offline quality background track (as for example a render file would). What i mean is can i take the sapphire created media and maintain its alpha channel.

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
on Dec 14, 2007 at 4:15:05 pm

I believe you can take the 1:1 media over; the alpha channel will be 1:1 too, and the offline bg track shouldn't be involved at all.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]