FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sapphire

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Eary
Sapphire
on Nov 16, 2007 at 2:07:49 am

I am interested in purchasing Sapphire, but first have a couple of questions.

My thought was that special effects and animations could be done in Lightwave and use Sapphire to improve the look of the animation or effect in the final video. Al though, I already purchased Prodad Vitascene. Will Vitascene do the job or does Sapphire provide many more effects that will be useful? Or, will Lightwave do everything I need?

Sapphire sounds like a great product. Any advice would be great.. thank you.

Return to posts index

GaryO
Re: Sapphire
on Nov 16, 2007 at 3:21:55 pm

Hi Richard -- I'm biased of course, but I think you should try the free trial version and see what you think. Feel free to ask here or at support@genarts.com if you have any questions!

-- Gary (from GenArts)

Return to posts index

Richard Eary
on Nov 16, 2007 at 4:00:30 pm

I downloaded and installed the demo version. Sapphire provides many effects and filters that can be useful. Based on my findings, it looks like a product that I could use.

Al though, the applications I already have include many of the effects in Sapphire.

Return to posts index

razors
on Nov 16, 2007 at 8:30:20 pm

Richard,
we have both Vitascene and Sapphire and you are correct, there are some cross-over effects. You'll find that a lot of plugins have some similar effects (i.e. Film Grain, Glows, Cartoon etc...).
I find Vitascene is great for transitions (and some filters) as well as being realtime, whereas, to be honest, Sapphire is the Grand Dame of "looks". You can stack many effects on top of each other - use the 'one/two track below' functionality to do some crazy compositing, and it's a very fast render (compared to Boris for example).
It's really 'swings and roundabouts' when it comes to buying plugins - everyone has a favourite.

Ra-ey

Return to posts index

Richard Eary
on Nov 17, 2007 at 3:34:10 am

Thank you for your input. That will be helpful when making a decision to purchase Sapphire.

Return to posts index

razors
on Nov 17, 2007 at 3:46:09 am

No worries, a pleasure.

Ra-ey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]