FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to remove flicker from SFilm effect

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
richieb
How to remove flicker from SFilm effect
on Nov 8, 2007 at 1:54:11 pm

I added the SFilm effect to a video, and I am getting a flickering motion. How do I remove this flickering motion without removing the SFilm effect?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

GaryO
Re: How to remove flicker from SFilm effect
on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:46:31 pm

Hi Richie; check the Fields param down near the end. The default in S_FilmEffect should be "As Is" but if you've set it to one of the Stutter values, you'll get stuttery motion.

Hope that helps;

-- Gary Oberbrunner

Return to posts index

richieb
on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:56:34 pm

Gary, thanks for the suggestion.

The Fields param is actually left as the default setting: "As Is"

I also have a S_EmbossShiny effect on the video, and I am wondering if perhaps this is causing the flicker. I am pretty sure it is the S_FilmEffect, however.

There is a flicker, not a stutter. The flicker is more noticeable on the dark pixels.

Return to posts index

GaryO
on Nov 8, 2007 at 3:01:01 pm

Hi Richie; FilmEffect shouldn't cause flicker. It does increase contrast, so if there's a subtle flicker in the source it may enhance it. The emboss effects, because they look at the edges, can also enhance tiny flickers in the source, or turn tiny shaking motions into brightness flickers. Try it without the emboss and see if the flicker goes away.

If you'd like to email me a short sequence (before & after) I'll be happy to take a look at it. Email it to support@genarts.com.

hope that helps;

-- Gary Oberbrunner

Return to posts index

richieb
on Nov 8, 2007 at 6:32:04 pm

Gary, you are right. After a few tests, I noticed that neither of the two aforementioned Sapphire effects are causing the flicker problem.

The problem is being caused by the Zaxwerks 3D layer warp effect. I applied the 3D layer warp effect and animate the composition's position. This is the source of the problem. When it is moving, it has a constant flicker.

Now I am wondering how to fix that.

Here is a sample of my test file with the flickering:
http://metamediaclients.com/Comp1.mov

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]