FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why so much?

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Red Ochre
Why so much?
on Oct 17, 2007 at 9:41:10 pm

I'm looking at buying another Sapphire license and can't for the life of me figure out why it costs so much. $ 2800! Really beyond Edge Rays, Glint and Glow there isn't that much we use. After Effect costs less! or for $ 2800 I could get media composer software which comes bundled with Boris...which has a particle generator! If we weren't already using Sapphire I'd say forget about it.

brendan thompson
SF, CA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Why so much?
on Oct 18, 2007 at 5:14:48 pm

So you are using an Avid? Or FCP?

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

Red Ochre
on Oct 19, 2007 at 2:19:57 am

Avid. Por que?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 19, 2007 at 2:43:11 am

Ah well. There are plugins for Final Cut Pro that do just what you ask, and for a fraction of the cost.

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

red ochre
on Oct 19, 2007 at 7:54:53 pm

Our problem is that we purchased v1. for our meridien offline systems and as business has grown our 2 dongle licenses have turned out to not be enough to go around. The cost of upgrading all these rooms to something else is prohibitive. Cheaper to buy one or two new licenses but the price is really just rediculous.

Am I the only one who thinks this? Perhaps my memory is faulty but I seem to remember v1 costing something like $ 800 and now v2 (you can't get version 1 anymore) is $ 3200 (2800 w/"returning customer" discount. Anyway. I'm done complaining now.

Return to posts index

James Bondaygee
on Oct 21, 2007 at 12:36:29 pm

I agree. I think it is ridiculous! And doesn't turn me on that much either!! I would expect miracles that dance in front of my computer at that price!!

Return to posts index

James Bondaygee
on Oct 21, 2007 at 1:08:43 pm

I agree. I think it is ridiculous! And doesn't turn me on that much either!! I would expect miracles that dance in front of my computer at that price!!

Return to posts index

Todd Prives
on Oct 23, 2007 at 9:23:28 pm

>Perhaps my memory is faulty but I seem to remember v1 costing >something like $ 800 and now v2 (you can't get version 1 >anymore) is $ 3200.

Just to clarify, V1 for Avid Media Composer also cost $2800, the same price we charge for V2.

-Todd

Return to posts index

Andrew Gregg
on Feb 20, 2008 at 3:42:39 am

Could you name a few?

Thanks.

Andrew Gregg
Director
LiveABC Taiwan

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
on Feb 23, 2008 at 1:03:42 am

[Andrew Gregg] "Could you name a few? "

For FCS? check out Noise Industries. I've been using them for over a year now. They've got some great glows amongst many others....

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver BC

MacPro Octo 3.2 6gig
Dual 23" ACD
2TB G-Speed eS
MBP 2.4 4gig
Lacie Quadra 500gig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]