FORUMS: list search recent posts

Glow with Animated Matte over Video

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitchell Jacobson
Glow with Animated Matte over Video
on Oct 15, 2007 at 3:38:26 pm

Hi There! This is my first post to this forum. I searched for question and found parts of the answer that were helpful but, not the complete solution.

I would like to use the glow effect on text with the animated matte and key that over a video background.

I can get the effect to work with the text and the animated matte but, I can't get it to work over video...just black. I've tried various combinations ie: not applied to key: background 2 tracks below, etc...I even tried stepping in and replacing the title mat withthe animated matte.

Here is how the parameters are set:

V3 Text w/ glow, applied to key; no background; mask on track below
V2 Animated matte (works as a title key or pict)
V1 Stock footage (Does not show up)

Is this possible???

Mitch Jacobson
Producer/Editor Avid & FCP
New York City

Return to posts index

Todd Prives
Re: Glow with Animated Matte over Video
on Oct 15, 2007 at 7:50:23 pm

Hi Mitchell,

Since Avid doesn't process Alpha properly when working with effect, there is a bit of different thinking involved when it comes to doing this.

V3 title
V2 animated matte
V1 background

place your Sapphire Plug-in on V3 open the effect editor and click the Apply to Title/Key checkbox. Set the Background: None and set Mask: 1 Track Below. Now Alt+Drop S2_Layer (in the Composite family of effects) on your V3 title, make sure the Background: 2 Tracks Below and Mode:Normal

A more in depth example of this with projects is available with our training guide:

http://www.genarts.com/training-guide-avid.html

Regards,

Todd

Return to posts index

Mitchell Jacobson
on Oct 15, 2007 at 8:08:36 pm

Thanks, Todd!!

This worked like a charm...much better than my workaround of mixing down the effect, creating a matte than keying that over footage....perfect. Thanks again...

Mitch Jacobson
Producer/Editor Avid & FCP
New York City

Return to posts index

Jesse Adlin
on Mar 14, 2010 at 12:02:21 am

I've always had a problem with sapphire an avid. When I follow these direction the title created in title tool disappears. What can I do?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]