FORUMS: list search recent posts

bug in dissolve glow

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik
bug in dissolve glow
by
on May 31, 2007 at 3:13:32 pm

Using AVX2 Sapphire plugins with Avid Xpress Pro HD I've come across a bit of a hitch with the dissolve glow transition. The second frame of the transition reveals a full frame of the clip I'm transitioning to. It's only there for one frame and it's un-affected by the transition effect.

My quick work-around was to use the AVX1 version of Dissolve Glow and it worked fine, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem and if there's something I can do to fix it.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

GaryO
Re: bug in dissolve glow
on Jun 1, 2007 at 1:10:05 pm

Hi Erik -- this may be an Avid AVX2 host bug, especially if your Avid is earlier than 5.6. What version of Avid and Sapphire are you using? You can follow up with us at support@genarts.com if you like. Also make sure you have the latest Sapphire (2.05).

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Erik
by
on Jun 4, 2007 at 1:28:10 pm

Hello, Gary.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm running Avid XPress Pro HD v5.6.4.2390 (we haven't purchased the latest update yet).
I downloaded Sapphire just a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's v2.05

Return to posts index

Erik
by
on Jun 4, 2007 at 1:36:12 pm

Just figured out how to check the Sapphire plug-in. It says it's v2.50.

Return to posts index

Todd Prives
on Jun 4, 2007 at 2:50:31 pm

Hi Erik,

Try running the V2.05 under the AVX1 installer. Re-run your Sapphire installer and when prompted at the installation screen, chose the AVX1 plug-ins. This will install Sapphire V2 under AVX1 and let us know if that helps.

Return to posts index

Erik
by
on Jun 4, 2007 at 3:48:51 pm

I'm slightly confused. When I installed I did both AVX1 and AVX2. The AVX1 dissolve glow worked fine. Are you suggesting going back and reinstalling AVX1 plug-ins only?

Return to posts index

Todd Prives
on Jun 5, 2007 at 1:10:59 pm

Hi Erik,

I would recommend running the AVX1 plug-ins for now as this issue seems to be a bug with the Avid AVX2 host.

Return to posts index

Erik
by
on Jun 5, 2007 at 1:55:36 pm

Ok, I'll stick to AVX1. However, let me ask you this: If there's a bug with the Avid AVX 2 host, do you think the use of multiple AVX2 plug-ins could cause issues with my project? The project I'm working on went crazy yesterday (deadline is today) and everything we've tried so far hasn't worked. I'm getting a "structured exception" because of "Access Violations." I don't know what's corrupt or what caused (is causing) it. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Return to posts index

Todd Prives
on Jun 5, 2007 at 4:16:55 pm

Those don't sound like AVX2 errors to me

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]