FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic Titles

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
allcaps99
Basic Titles
on Mar 9, 2007 at 4:26:33 pm

Hi... I have Sapphire V2 for the Symphony Nitris. I'm trying to apply sapphire effects to simple text created in the title tool. From reading threads in this forum, it sounds like I just need to have background footage on V1 and my title on V2, and click the "apply to title/key" button, but that doesn't work for me.... my background footage is still affected along with the title? Am I missing something simple?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Allan

Allan Thrush
Editor
Zoom Communications

Return to posts index

GaryO
Re: Basic Titles
on Mar 9, 2007 at 4:57:37 pm

Hi Allan -- what particular effect are you using? There are a few, such as LensFlare, which render over the top of their source. Those naturally overlay the whole image including the background. For those, if you want (say) the flare to be cut off at the edges of the text, you can just step into the title and apply the effect directly to the fill.

Hope that helps!

-- Gary Oberbrunner

Return to posts index

allcaps99
on Mar 9, 2007 at 5:11:54 pm

Hi Gary... I'm trying to use the Blur effect. I'm looking for the title to come in blurry, and then into focus. Doesn't seem to work.

Allan Thrush
Editor
Zoom Communications

Return to posts index

GaryO
on Mar 9, 2007 at 5:15:02 pm

That should definitely work. In that case, you're probably alt-dropping the Blur onto the title rather than just dropping it (to replace the title effect). Alt-dropping an effect nests it, so in that case the input the effect sees would be the result of the title effect, which is already composited (i.e. the title over the bg), so it would blur everything.

Does it work if you do it without the alt-drop?

-- Gary

Return to posts index

allcaps99
on Mar 9, 2007 at 5:17:00 pm

You nailed it. Thanks, Gary... I guess I'm just in the habit of Alt-dropping everything!

Allan

Allan Thrush
Editor
Zoom Communications

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]