FORUMS: list search recent posts

Perspective key.

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
promopunkk
Perspective key.
on Aug 24, 2006 at 7:37:02 pm

Using the ole' M_RGBA trick with a key on my Avid Adrenaline Media Composer. Now, I want to rotate the key on the x,y,and z axis. Been always using warp_transform in the process, but I can't rotate it. Tried to use the warp_perspective, but it was so tough to use much less trying to reset it a default position.

Is there a better way for a easier rotate tool?

Using Sapphire 1

Return to posts index

GaryO
Re: Perspective key.
on Aug 25, 2006 at 1:51:50 pm

Hi Promopunkk -- that's one of the big things we improved in v2, actually. WarpPerspective is easier to use to rotate things around, it's easier to reset (in the AVX2 version especially), and the new cropping stuff makes it easier to do lots more interesting looks with it. Also WarpPerspective doesn't show the "ceiling" like it did in v1 unless you turn on "Wrap above horizon".

Also WarpTransform is enhanced in v2 to allow tilt and swivel, so it can now do 3d rotation and perspective -- so you can basically use either one. I think for what you want, the v2 WarpTransform will be just perfect. Try it out.

(And of course you don't need MakeRGBA, so the whole thing is lots faster & easier.)

-- Gary

Return to posts index

promopunkk
on Aug 25, 2006 at 3:09:25 pm

Thanks for the advice, I do realize ver2 is a much more advanced product. But is it possible to do anything about my issue with ver1?

Perhaps a mystery combo using Avid's resize or picture in picture effect?

Return to posts index

GaryO
on Aug 25, 2006 at 3:55:31 pm

The problem with those (built-in Avid fx) is they don't handle the alpha channel so you can't composite over anything after you use them.

You can always output your matte and fill as separate clips (video mixdown at 1:1) as long as the keyer you're using can output the alpha, then manipulate them separately with Avid's built-in effects, then use S_Layer to composite them over the background if you want. Gets a little involved, but it can be done.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]