More problems with keys and .psd's

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
allcaps99
More problems with keys and .psd's
on Jul 5, 2006 at 9:02:30 pm

(hey, that rhymes...)

Hi...

I've been having the same problem as a couple of people from threads below... I'm running Sapphire v.2 on an Adrenaline HD. My goal is to blur a .psd layer, without affecting the background. I have background footage on V1, and have my .psd layer on V2. I've tried a) dropping the blur plugin on the .psd layer and clicking the 'apply to title/key' button, but everything still blurs together. I've tried b) doing the whole RGBA/effect/s_layer sandwich method, but it still didn't work for me. When I apply the RGBA effect, it actually turns my .psd layer opaque, as though it's compositing an Add function. Any suggestions? Is there someway I need to be treating my photoshop layers before they come in?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

allcaps99

Allan

Return to posts index

promoboy
Re: More problems with keys and .psd's
on Jul 5, 2006 at 10:11:32 pm

I have no experience with Sapphire 2.0, but I use 1.0 all the time. I assume many things will work the same though.

1. If you're doing the MakeRGBA, your background will turn black when you put the effect on your .psd layer. Also, don't Alt+Add the effect (nest it)...just drop it on. Then add your blur, THEN add a composite effect like S_Layer or S_DropShadow. This will return the transparency to your .psd and composite it over your background. If you're not adding a composite effect you won't get your background back.

2. You can always step into your .psd on V2, copy the alpha (Alt+C loads it into your source monitor), step out of your effect and put the alpha on V3. Now remove the matte key effect on V2, leaving you with your fill. Now you can put your Sapphire blur on V3, then the matte key effect. Voila! Instant blur, and it shouldn't effect your background.

3. Read the help files for Sapphire 2.0 and the apply to title/key effect. It has to work somehow--you may be missing one or two steps for it to work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if any of these options work.

Michael.

Return to posts index

allcaps99
Re: More problems with keys and .psd's
on Jul 5, 2006 at 10:26:10 pm

I figured out what I was doing wrong... stupid mistake. I got 'Alt' happy... and was alt-dropping my effects on the layer. I guess by simply applying the effect, all problems were resolved... but thanks for your input!

Cheers!

allcaps99

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]