FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should I buy Sapphire plug-ins for Avid or After Effects?

COW Forums : Genarts Sapphire

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaymin Patel
Should I buy Sapphire plug-ins for Avid or After Effects?
on Dec 5, 2005 at 9:05:35 pm

Hi,

I'm setting up a new avid adrenaline and was debating getting the sapphire plugins for after effects instead. i've used these plugins on a symphony and found the nesting of effects to be tedious, especially when dealing with graphics + alpha. i was wondering if the AE version was easier to use/manipulate? thanks for your input.
jaymin

Return to posts index

GaryO
Re: Should I buy Sapphire plug-ins for Avid or After Effects?
on Dec 6, 2005 at 5:00:26 pm

Hi Jaymin -- just FYI, Sapphire2 for AVX will improve the nesting workflow, especially for titles and keys. It's due out early next year, and there are lots more goodies in it too compared to the current version. We're currently offering free upgrades to Sapphire V2 for AVX if you buy V1 now.

I'd base your decision more on where you spend most of your time, and where you most need the effects capability readily available.

Hope that helps!

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Donato M. Rondinelli
Re: Should I buy Sapphire plug-ins for Avid or After Effects?
on Dec 13, 2005 at 7:21:40 pm

If it's mainly for graphics then buy it for the program that you create them in. If you're using it for video treatment, keep it inside Avid. Nesting is a pain but faster than dealing with AE plus better performance. To help with the nesting I routed the command to the up & down arrow. It makes it a lot faster to step in.
-dMR

Donato M. Rondinelli

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]