FORUMS: list search recent posts

Action media list questions

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Okey
Action media list questions
on Nov 12, 2015 at 10:18:23 pm

1. Is it possible to delete media input entries from the Action media list entirely? I know that it's possible to remove media from the media input, but the media input remains in the list.

I discovered this when deleting Action media input nodes (and their corresponding sources) from a ConnectFX schematic. The media input notes no longer appear in CFX, but the empty media input entries remain in the Action media list. This can make things unnecessarily cluttered when scrolling through the list.

2. If I delete a media input node, since the media input remains in the media list, is it possible to get back a corresponding input node in the CFX schematic without creating a new input node, and by association, without creating a new media input entry in the media list?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Action media list questions
on Nov 13, 2015 at 5:01:12 pm

[Alan Okey] "1. Is it possible to delete media input entries from the Action media list entirely? I know that it's possible to remove media from the media input, but the media input remains in the list."

I don't believe you can.

[Alan Okey] "2. If I delete a media input node, since the media input remains in the media list, is it possible to get back a corresponding input node in the CFX schematic without creating a new input node, and by association, without creating a new media input entry in the media list?"

Select the input in the media list, then click Extract. This converts the selected media in the list from direct to indirect.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Action media list questions
on Nov 13, 2015 at 7:06:24 pm
Last Edited By Alan Okey on Nov 24, 2015 at 9:34:05 pm

Thanks, Walter. While the answer to #2 makes it somewhat easier to deal with the answer to #1, I find it kind of baffling that you can't delete media entries. Someone on the Area's Smoke forum said it's just one of those weird idiosyncrasies that's existed in Flame/Smoke for years.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]