FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dock disappearing!

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Ehrhardt
Dock disappearing!
on Sep 14, 2015 at 11:29:21 am

I have just got a trial of Autodesk Smoke, so am very new to it. One of the major aggravations already is that when the app launches, my Mac Dock disappears, and no fiddling around in the "View" options will bring it back. The only way to get to another app or search the finder is to press CMD-H to hide Smoke. I am sure this cannot be right, so if anybody has any ideas as to how I can fix this, it will make trying to learn the application much easier :-) Thanks, Kate

Return to posts index

Joel Osis
Re: Dock disappearing!
on Sep 14, 2015 at 11:08:03 pm

embrace the dock dissapearing, smoke puts u into its own world separate from the os and makes u work quicker without being distracted by other os things going on, may be a bit wierd at first but trust me once u get used to it its great

w: http://www.joelosis.com
e info@joelosis.com

Return to posts index

David Jahns
Re: Dock disappearing!
on Nov 2, 2015 at 11:57:35 pm

Yeah, Joel is right. That's just the way it is, but you'll probably like it before long.

When you switch out to another app, you can just CMD-TAB and Smoke will go into the background, with the Finder or whatever you selected over it (and you're dock will reappear, too.

Personally, I love it, and I wish I could get rid of the white menu bar in Resolve. At least in 10.11, it can be dark gray.

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]