FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Problem with Depth of Field Node

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Render Problem with Depth of Field Node
on Jul 17, 2015 at 8:15:34 pm

I have an action sequence that has a bunch of text segments arranged in Z space. The camera startes tight on the first sequence and pulls out in Z space to reveal more text. I added the depth of field node in CFX so that the text farther back would blur as the camera moved through, which looks great, but it isn't rendering the blur cleanly around new text that is closer to the camera. There is a small halo around the text where things farther back in the sequence are not blurred

All of the text is 2d text created in ConnectFX and brought in as media input in Action.

Any advice would be very helpful. I've learned a lot with this project, but this one thing is hanging me up. Thanks.

Depth of Field Render Problem

If embedding the video doesn't work, here's the link

https://reels.creativecow.net/film/depth-of-field-render-problem

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Render Problem with Depth of Field Node
on Jul 20, 2015 at 9:26:11 am

Hi Daniel,

From looking at your example, it looks like an issue with either the Z-depth pass or the Z-depth settings.

Please could you save your ConnectFX setup and post it here? When looking at the ConnectFX node, you should be able to save the setup. No footage needed, just the nodes.

I'll take a closer look for you.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
on Jul 20, 2015 at 1:28:51 pm

Grant,

Thanks for the response, I appreciate any help you can offer. I am trying to export the CFX setup, but I'm having some trouble. From the timeline view, I clicked on the segment (without actually going into connectFX), and I right clicked on the CFX node above the timeline (where the effects ribbon is), and I clicked on "Create Effects Setup." Now I have the effects setup in my media browser, but I don't know where to go from there. How do I get to that actual file where I can send it to you? Do I need to export it, or is there a way to find it in Finder? Thanks,

Daniel

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:05:13 pm

Hi Daniel,

Go into the ConnectFX setup. To the left of the node bin you will be able to click SAVE and save the ConnectFX setup into a browser as a few text files.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
on Jul 21, 2015 at 2:09:12 pm

Thanks, that helped. I think this is what you need. It gave me 2 text files and a folder, so I zipped those into one file.

Here's the link:

9060_wakethebridecfxsetup.zip

Thanks so much for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]