FORUMS: list search recent posts

New version of Smoke - Smoke 2016 on Mac

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Sadwelkar
New version of Smoke - Smoke 2016 on Mac
on Jun 11, 2015 at 8:51:18 am

Smoke on Mac subscribers (incl. me) received a mail about Smoke 2016 being available for download. Logged in to my account and it is there. Downloading now.

However, there are no more details, on Autodesk’s web site or in their Area forum.

Questions like what are system and MacOSX specs, is it OK to install Smoke 2016 on top of Smoke 2015 or does one deactivate and uninstall first.
Will Smoke 2015 projects work in Smoke 2016. And does the storage have to be reconfigured or is it compatible?

Does anyone have info? What's it look and work like?

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: New version of Smoke - Smoke 2016 on Mac
on Jun 11, 2015 at 11:14:19 am

Hi Neil,
i did a search on autodesk website (whilt in my user account) on "Smoke 2016"and it brought up a page showing whats new.

I dont have the link on this computer to attach, sorry.

I have found one problem after installing - I cannot open the Smoke help files!! It just gives an access denied error message.

I have it installed alongside 2015, and both seem happy so far. I did not have to reconfigure the storage.

Theres some really annoying changes to the inputs on the Comp node - the order and colour coding of the inputs has been jiggled around and renamed. Seems a pointless addition of confusion for no gain.

I don't like the dual screen mode. Seems very limiting to me, but until i can access the help files I will reserve judgement. It might be more useful once i can read how its supposed to be used. One aspect that really puzzles me is why you can split the media browser view into two panes, yet opening or closing a folder in one pane is just mirrored in the next one - Surely it would be more useful to be able to have two different views of the browser with different folders open?

anyway - work to do so back to 2015 for now!

adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
Re: New version of Smoke - Smoke 2016 on Mac
on Jun 11, 2015 at 1:26:08 pm

Help is here...

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SMOKE/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-35C77E30-46D0-43CC-...

Along with new features.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]