FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sharpening effect?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Sharpening effect?
on Apr 14, 2015 at 5:29:13 am

I have a project that I'm working on with about 6 or 7 interviews. One of those interviews is just a touch soft, and obviously it's the most important one, as it usually happens. If it was just the one person in the video, It probably wouldn't be a big deal, but when put next to the others that are perfectly crisp, it creates a problem. I did some reasearch on how to fix this and I found a thread for Premier saying to use the unsharp mask tool. It's not horrible, so I was hoping to just try to sharpen it a touch and see if it helps. Is there a sharpening tool anywhere in smoke? I've been looking around and seeing if it's buried in some other node, but I'm not having any luck. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Daniel Burrell
Light Productions

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Sharpening effect?
on Apr 14, 2015 at 6:50:16 am

You can either use Filter or Matchbox.

Smoke ships with three sharpening presets in Filter and a Sharpen shader for Matchbox.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
Re: Sharpening effect?
on Apr 14, 2015 at 7:18:02 am

Thank you so much, I knew it had to be in there somewhere! that did exactly what I was looking for. I am still finding my way around and working deeper and deeper into CFX, and still feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. Thanks for your late night response, it was a lifesaver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]