FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding "back clip" in CFX

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Adding "back clip" in CFX
on Apr 9, 2015 at 9:34:03 pm

I have a composition that I have made in CFX that is a common setup through a series of videos that I'm working on. These are built on an adjustment segment above the main timeline track. Previously, these have only been pictures and text, but I would like to use the back clip (the main timeline clip going on behind this composition) in place of the pictures, so it will be scaled and put in a frame. If I create a new composition on an adjustment layer, "Back clip" is automatically my only source, but I cannot figure out how to add that back to my CFX if I am working with an existing composition that doesn't have it already.

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Adding "back clip" in CFX
on Apr 10, 2015 at 1:23:12 pm

To the left in your CFX node bins, there is an IO bin. You can pull up a Back Clip there.
Back Clips only give you a clip on GAP CFX effects. So that it sees under the layer to the Back Clip below.

If you added your CFX to a clip, then your Back Clip if you drag it up is just black.

If you simply bump that clip up a layer and add a clip under your CFX CLIP effect then when you re-enter the CFX you can pull up a Back Clip and it will be the clip you have underneith in your Timeline.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]