FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shortcuts - Select all elements within a layer

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Miller
Shortcuts - Select all elements within a layer
on Feb 11, 2015 at 1:52:02 am

New to Smoke. Trying to transition to a more effects based workflow. FCP7 user.

Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly select all elements on a single layer?

Also, a more general question...if anyone has any tips and tricks for quickly navigating and moving chunks of elements within the timeline please feel free to suggest fast ways of doing so.

I'm cutting footage into a finish, but also doing light compositing of text graphics. If I can manage to maneuver the timeline half as quick as I can in FCP7 I'll probably stick to Smoke for the foreseeable future. Right now things just feel a bit clunky.

Lastly, for zoom in/zoom out, I really am not finding the options available in Smoke satisfactory for quick cutting. For example in FCP7 I can just command+ or command- to quickly zoom in/out. Is there a way to mimic this in Smoke?

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Shortcuts - Select all elements within a layer
on Feb 11, 2015 at 4:27:39 pm

Hi Patrick,

To select all the elements on a video track, you just click the dimpled area to the left of the video tab... So for V1.L1, click to the left of it.

To navigate the the segments (chunks) in the sequence, you the up and down arrow. There is also a combination of SHIFT and CONTROL to navigate all the tracks etc. And you can move the focus point (horizontal bar over the positioner) which focuses on the different video tracks when navigating and editing.

As for zooming, there are shortcuts that mimic the FCP timeline.

This is all covered in the Getting Started Series for Smoke on the Smoke Learning Channel -- http:///www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Hope this helps.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Patrick Miller
Re: Shortcuts - Select all elements within a layer
on Feb 11, 2015 at 6:51:17 pm

Hi Grant,
Super helpful! Selecting the dimpled portion of the layer was exactly the solution I was looking for. I was actually able to manually set my zoom in the keyboard shortcuts menu to match it exactly to what I had it in FCP7.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]