Camera 3D Export FBX for Daz3D

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ingo Schoeller
Camera 3D Export FBX for Daz3D
on Nov 6, 2014 at 9:22:29 am

Hi all,

we just startet to tryout smoke 2015.

In using the 3D camera solver I need a hint and hope anyone here can help me.

When I crated a 3D-Camera with the analizer node, created the point locators with the "create axis" and "create locators" buttons I have a 3D camera, that works really good in smoke. (like grant kay explaned in one of his videos)

When I export the camera-data to a FBX-file, I can import those data into Daz3D.
So far so good ... but:

Only the translation of the camera is imported to Daz3D but NOT the rotation-data, so the camera in Daz3D moves, but doesn't make rotation, roll and so.

Now, I thought, if I create an Object in smoke that always stays in the middle of the camera-view, I could use this object as a "point at" Object for the camera in Daz3D.

But ... when I don't parent the 3d-camera in Smoke to the new object, the object moves with the locator-points.
and when I parent the 3d-camera to the new object, the object isn't exported to the fbx-file.

Can anyone help me ?

How can I solve that problem, so that I can reproduce the camera-rotation in Daz3D or do I have to set a special parameter in smoke for the export ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ingo

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Camera 3D Export FBX for Daz3D
on Nov 12, 2014 at 9:21:56 am

Hi Ingo,

I know of Daz3D but it is not something I have used typically in the past.

I normally export out to Maya or 3Dsmax and all the position, roll etc data comes across in their camera.

There might possibly be an issue with the Daz3D importer when it comes to FBX.

I cant confirm this but I suspect it might be the case.

In terms of exporting axis, just check t he export settings that export AXIS is enabled.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]