FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke new Media Storage and importing archive backup

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna van Diest
Smoke new Media Storage and importing archive backup
on Oct 30, 2014 at 10:49:03 am

Because my harddisc, where my Autodesk Media Storage folder was in is suddenly full, I had to make a new media storage on my other harddisc (replacing didn't seem possible). After, I made a new project in Smoke selecting the new Media Storage as source. Earlier I made a backup of my project using archive in mediahub. Now I want to import that Archive in my new project so it will recognize my old project and I'm back to normal. However, I can't seem to find how to do that. Does anyone know how to import my old project with my new Media Storage location? Or otherwise, is there another way to be able to work on my project now my harddisc with the media storage is full?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Smoke new Media Storage and importing archive backup
on Oct 30, 2014 at 1:45:20 pm

Archive is done via the Media Hub.. at the top is a choice for archive.
Open the archive and you should be fine.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Anna van Diest
on Oct 31, 2014 at 10:59:24 am

Thanks for you response Brian. I watched the video and it's all right until 2:38. Then it says that after I open the project I can restore it, but I get a different menu then. I don't see buttons with restore but just 'close archive' 'archive project' and 'archive setups'. There isn't a button in my menu that says 'restore'... Also in the video after he opens the project he sees the different files above, but I still only just the one map after opening.

Return to posts index

Anna van Diest
on Nov 2, 2014 at 11:15:41 am

Hi Brian,
It isn't possible to change the name of an existing project, so is it possible that I should delete the old project before I can restore it? That maybe thats the reason why I don't see the restore button? And if so, will it be certain that I will keep all the material of the old project? Thanks !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]