FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using multiple axis nodes on a single image in Action

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Using multiple axis nodes on a single image in Action
on Jul 3, 2014 at 2:09:26 pm

This is less of a how to question, and more confirming that I am correct in my assumptions and methods before I get too far down the road. I have a blue background that I am using as a frame for pictures in Action. I need the same background, but the pictures are different sizes, so I am using an axis node to scale the image and move it where I need it. So here's what I want to make sure that I'm doing right. If I attache another axis node directly to the image, that gives me another instance of that image that is completely independent from the other axis nodes attached to that image, and I can do this as many times as I need, rather thank bringing duplicate inputs of the same blue background into action.

This has worked in my tinkering, but I just want to make sure that it's not going to mess something up down the line.

below is a picture of the schematic that I'm using. It appears to be working fine, and each of those axis nodes attached to the blue box is creating another instance of the blue box in my final result.

Like I Said, this is working fine right now, but I've done things before that seemed to work fine until I got to the end, and then I had to go back and re-do everything. Thanks.

Daniel Burrell

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Using multiple axis nodes on a single image in Action
on Jul 3, 2014 at 2:18:19 pm

Everything you speak is correct. Those are independent duplicate sources with independent axis.

That's the beauty of Action and the media list in that it is a pool of sources that can be reused.

However, any crop, key, blur or slip on that layer will affect all of the duplicates.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
Re: Using multiple axis nodes on a single image in Action
on Jul 3, 2014 at 2:34:53 pm

Awesome, thanks. It's taken a while, but I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of the node based thing. I still don't know what half of the nodes do, but I'll get there. Thanks again for all of your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]