FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering is moving incredibly slow

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Rendering is moving incredibly slow
on Jun 25, 2014 at 7:18:03 am

In the last few hours, something has changed in Smoke, and rendering is going so slow, about 2-3 seconds a frame, for just simple resize and scaling. I took out all of the color correction and it's still going the same speed. At this point it's going to take about 20 hours to render a 12 minute video with no graphics or anything. Any suggestions? I have restarted smoke and my computer multiple times, and it speeds up at the beginning of the render, but about 30 seconds in it gets bogged down. I have no other programs open and it is still just creeping along. Any ideas? It seems to be a problem specific to smoke, no other programs are lagging or seeming to be bogged down when I use them.

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
Re: Rendering is moving incredibly slow
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:46:25 pm

Do you have a Blackmagic deckling card installed? I noticed Smoke was getting in general very slow after 30 minutes of using it, then crash, then the deckling card wasn't even detected in the system, doing a PRAM reboot fixed that and the card is being recognized, but I have my suspicion that there's something wrong between the Deckling drivers and Smoke.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]