FORUMS: list search recent posts

New: Smoke 2015 Tutorial: 3D Compositing in the Timeline

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken LaRue
New: Smoke 2015 Tutorial: 3D Compositing in the Timeline
on Jun 18, 2014 at 3:16:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m very excited to share my next installment of video training for Smoke 2015. In this video series I’ll walk you through the steps and workflows used to create a futuristic Heads Up Display shot used in the short film "The Place Where You Live". We’ll look at different ways of bringing your work from the timeline into Connect FXs and then dig deep into the tools in Connect FX including the powerful 3D compositing tool Action. You can download the media files and follow along. The total running time of this series is 1 hour and 45 minutes. I hope you learn and enjoy!

http://autode.sk/connect-fx

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
Re: New: Smoke 2015 Tutorial: 3D Compositing in the Timeline
on Jun 20, 2014 at 2:13:14 pm

I just have to say thank you so much for the detail that you went into in this video. This was an awesome tutorial. Grant does a fantastic job on the smoke learning channel, and all of smoke's tutorials are helpful, but I really appreciate the amount of detail that you went into during this tutorial. I am a self taught editor, and while I've been using smoke for a little over a year, I haven't had the opportunity to really dive into a lot of 3d composting or advanced features, so as I look to expand my skills and knowledge, it's easy to get overwhelmed. The amount of time you took to explain some of the things, such as the MUX node, was extremely valuable to myself, and I'm sure many others. Thanks again.

Daniel Burrell
Light Productions

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
on Jun 20, 2014 at 6:18:25 pm

Daniel,
I very glad you learned from and enjoyed the tutorial. I agree, Grant's videos are essential to someone learning Smoke and he does an amazing job. I looked at my tutorials as an opportunity to dig deeper into workflows of actual production shots we were able to use as demo content and also training. Between the two of us hopefully we can deliver a wide variety of training needed for anyone using or trying Smoke. I’m currently working on a video series focused on the Short Cut Hot Keys for the UI, editing and in the different tools such as the Action tool. Look for those to be posted next month.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
on Jun 23, 2014 at 4:29:26 pm

What program was used to make the elements for the HUD?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]