FORUMS: list search recent posts

dpx colour problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
al ellis
dpx colour problems
on May 13, 2014 at 1:26:14 pm

hi, i've had an issue with dpx sequences out of resolve. the sequences were exported from resolve using video levels 64-960 When i import these into smoke they look flat and the gamma is lifted. I can change this so it's correct per clip by applying the 'legal-range_to_full_10bit' colour transform and it all looks good. Is there a way to apply this to the whole sequence? or on the incoming media globally on linking? Or in future do we export full range data out of resolve.
cheers al

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: dpx colour problems
on May 13, 2014 at 1:59:03 pm

I know nothing of Color Science.. but to add the LUT to your clips you can change on clip in the timeline via the FORMAT OPTIONS in the center toolbar.

ACTIVE RGB LUT and import your LUT, then exit, select all in the timeline and copy the FORMAT OPTIONS button (drag and drop ) to the other highlighted clips. They should all have that setting now.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on May 14, 2014 at 9:17:33 am

Just one thing...maybe the color graded worked in limited color space for a reason.
If so you are better of using a display LUT and sticking to the 64-960 but if not, the easiest and fastest is to download Resolve light , load the whole folder and subfolders into Resolve, and rerender the whole timeline with the commercial workflow into Full Data.

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.1.4 - Smoke 2015
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

al ellis
on May 14, 2014 at 10:23:14 pm

thanks for getting back, the problem was the dpx's were exported within legal range so i set up a cfx node with the xform and applied that to the sequence, all good but rendering is taking ages, anyway live and learn. thanks al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]